The Benefits of Having Your Roof Inspected Before Winter
It is possible that you are dreading winter with all its snow, ice, and cold. You don't have to be dreadful about winter, but consider what a roof inspection could do for your home.
The Benefits of Having Your Roof Inspected Before Winter. This will let you know if there are any issues or repairs that need to be made before the snowstorm hits. You should also inspect your home thoroughly to make sure there are no leaks during the winter months. This could lead to damage both inside and out.
Your home should be in great condition throughout winter so you can enjoy the holiday season without worrying about unexpected problems. If you are considering having one of these inspections done, this article will give more details about how Steadfast Roofing does it.
Why do you need a professional roof inspection?
Winter preparation includes a roof inspection! This will prevent costly damage to your home and allow you to get the most from your winter months. An inspection by a professional will ensure that there are no leaks during the winter months. This could lead to damage inside and out. This is also a great time to inspect flashing, gutters, and shingles for wear.
What is a roof inspection?
Steadfast Roofers will evaluate the following:
- Your roof's condition, including whether it requires repairs or new materials such as shingles.
- Check for any problems with your attic insulation.
- You may have missing flashings which could allow water to enter areas it shouldn't (such as the electrical systems). This can lead to long-term damage, so it is important to be aware of the problem!
- You need to be aware of ice damming. This is when the snow melts under your roof and then freezes at the edge. Depending on where you live, this could lead to water leaking into your attic and other areas of the house. Homeowners can be seriously affected by ice dams. These can cause flooding, leaks, and even structural damage. Our professionals have the solution!
The first step is to seal any gaps or cracks in your roof that might allow heat to escape through the attic space. This will prevent new ice from building up on top of layers that have been melting. The professional will then use heated air guns to melt any ice or snow on your roof, while simultaneously spraying water at it with a hose. This will melt the ice and allow it to slide off your roof.
- You'll also want to ensure that your rain gutters are in top condition so that they can drain most of the water from any leaks.
What other items are necessary before the season begins?
- For optimal performance, ensure that all chimneys, drains, and gutters are maintained at a high level.
- Make sure your windows are properly insulated to keep heat out and in during cold months. This could help you save money on energy.
How about those pipes that freeze up?
It may seem easy to fix frozen pipes by a DIY. It requires expertise to ensure maximum functionality throughout the time. Here are the tips and tricks of our experts when it comes to freezing pipes.
- If you are able to reach the pipe, remove any ice. Wrap your hand in a towel or glove and reach down into the toilet bowl to remove any remaining waste.
- Heat some water in a saucepan and pour it over the pipes. It will quickly thaw the pipes without making too much noise, which could wake neighbors on cold nights.
- Short showers are better than long baths. They take less time, use less water, and require less effort overall. This means that pipes will freeze less frequently.
- Your water heater will last longer if it is properly insulated and kept at a constant temperature (between 50-60 degrees).
Make sure to schedule your roof inspection prior to winter. This will prevent costly damage to your home and allow you to get the most from this season.