How Much Does Roof Leak Repairs Cost?
This article will provide an overview of rough roof repair costs to help you get an idea of what it will cost to fix your leaky roof.
Roof Leak Repairs Prices
The national average cost of roofing repair is $918. Most homeowners pay between $361 and $1501. Most small roof repairs cost between $150-$400. Labor rates can vary from $45- $75 per hour, depending on which contractor you hire.
You may be capable of fixing it yourself, if it's not a major problem, and at a lower cost. For more complex roof repairs, it's better to hire an experienced roofing contractor.
Common Roof Problems and The Costs of Fixing They --
- Improperly driven nail: This is when the nail isn’t driven in correctly or in the proper direction. This causes the nail's head back to the roof, which can allow water to get into your house. For the repair of the leak, expect to pay $325.
- Pipe boot failure: Your property's waterproof is protected by a pipe boots. When it rains, water can drip into a kitchen, bathroom or closet. Depending on your roof type and house, the cost of fixing the problem can be as high as $325.
- Debris and gutters: Clogged gutters can block the flow of water onto your roof, which could cause problems with water supply. Roof leaks can be fixed by replacing clogged gutters. The cost of fixing a clogged roof gutter can run between $200 and $500.
- Collar failure near a gas vente: The price of collar failure will depend on the difficulty in accessing the roof.
- Chimney wear-and-tear: Leakage can lead to more severe damage to your property. Repairs to this issue will cost around $500.
- Poorly installed skylight: Roof leaks are more common if the skylight is not properly installed. You will need to either change the factory seals of reflash the skylights in order to fix this. Fixing this can cost you anywhere from $500-$700.
DIY Roof Repair versus Hiring an Expert
Most homeowners will face roofing problems during their lives. Most roof leaks are easily fixed by homeowners. It's recommended that homeowners consult local roof contractors if they are unsure of their ability to fix the problem.
Call us today to get expert help with your roof problem.